FRANCE'S BEST-KEPT SECRET
In France, there are more than 30,000 craftswomen and craftsmen who create, reproduce, restore and repair artistic objects. Their jewellery, bags, hand-made silverware, lacquerware, furniture, engraving seals, etc. are highly regarded as precious, personal and unique pieces.
The skill of Master Artisans brings together centuries of well-honed crafting techniques with a passion for embracing new materials and technologies.
Yet for the most part, these Master Artisans are relatively unknown. Even as most famous luxury brands frequently turn to them for inspiration and ideas, their names seldom achieve public recognition.
We believe that they occupy a very important place in France’s cultural identity.
THE MISSION OF HEART & CRAFTS
The overall purpose of Heart & crafts is to promote the work of Master Artisans in France and abroad, notably in Japan, through prestigious events.
Our mission is to spread information about the Master Artisans community through all media.
Above all, HEART & crafts values creative integrity, commitment to teaching, learning and appreciation for the art and the artists.
Would you like to know more?
Do you have a project involving Master Artisans?
Please let us know!
HEART & crafts offers many services in France and abroad, notably in Japan, all geared towards promoting genuine artisan craft:
- Consulting and related services for the promotion and development of arts and crafts
- Event planning such as personal shows, talks, etc.
- Connecting interested amateurs with master artisans
- Organizing exchange visits for master artisans from different countries
- Facilitating public-private partnerships
- Specialised publishing of books by and about master artisans and their work